This category contains links to online educational resources for nurses who wish to expand their knowledge of neuroscience.
- British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing - http://www.bjnn.co.uk/ British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing (BJNN) is the only journal in the UK dedicated to neuroscience nursing. Produced monthly and peer-reviewed, the journal’s aim is to keep nurses up to date with clinical, professional and policy developments, as well as providing a forum for sharing research and innovation.
- Neuroblend - http://www.neuroblend.eu/index.php
The Neuroblend project aims at creating a European blended learning framework for competence based life-long learning of neuroscience nurses. It is at the heart of the EANN Strategy 2003-2008. It not only aims to develop a formal curriculum, but also offers practical and creative content for E-learning materials.
- Neuroanatomy and Neuropathology on the Internet - http://www.neuropat.dote.hu/index.html
There is something here for everyone, an online neurology handbook, neuropathology atlases, neuroanatomy and neuropathology. The site is easy to navigate, and updated with new information regularly.
- Neurosciences on the net - http://www.neuroguide.com/
A searchable and browsable index of neuroscience resources available on the Internet: Neurobiology, neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatry, psychology, cognitive science sites and information on human neurological diseases.
- Inside the Brain: An Interactive Tour - http://www.alz.org/brain/overview.asp
Alzheimer's Association provides an interactive tour of the brain of a person with Alzheimer's disease. In addition there is a selection of links providing additional information on the brain.
- The Whole Brain Atlas - http://www.med.harvard.edu/AANLIB/home.html
Website that contains illustrations of the normal brain and many neurological conditions by means of neuroimaging techniques e.g., MRI, functional MRI, SPECT and PET.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke - http://www.ninds.nih.gov/ Part of the U.S. National Institute of Health.
- Neuroland Index - http://www.neuroland.com/
Website dedicated to neuroscience resources including neuro notes, neuro medication directory and neuro disease directory. In addition there are links to other useful neuroscience websites.
- Anatomy Atlases - http://www.anatomyatlases.org/
A digital library providing anatomy information, including diagrams and pictures.
- Pituitary Society - http://www.pituitarysociety.org/
The society is an organization dedicated to furthering the understanding of diseases of the pituitary gland. An international 2-3 day congress is held approximately every 2 years at which new and cutting edge data is presented by members and invited guests.
- Multidisciplinary Association of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals
The Association's prime objective is to provide a national professional forum to promote standards in clinical practice, foster research and encourage the development of health and social care services for people with spinal cord injuries.